After the Windows 11 announcement, Windows 11 Preview Build 22000.51 is finally here in the Dev channel. Windows 11 is all about visual changes, and Windows fans are waiting with bated breath to try out the new OS. So we have put together a simple guide to help you upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10.
Microsoft has officially released the Windows 11 update. It has system requirements of 1GHz , 2 – Core processor , 4 GB Memory and 64 GB storage , aligning with the minimum system requirements for Office and Microsoft teams .
For upgrading from Windows 10 to the new OS user needs to follow the steps enumerated below
- Click on start .
- Go to ‘Update and Security’.
Users need to ensure that the preinstalled ‘ Windows’ Edition in the user’s computer does not require any updates.
User needs to join the Windows Insider Program using following steps:
- Click on Windows Insider Program on the left taskbar .
- Click on the ‘Get Started’ button available underneath the ‘Windows Insider Program ‘ Heading.
- Users will need to sign into one of the Microsoft accounts.
- Click on continue.
Underneath the Join the windows insider program
- Click on Register > sign-up .
- User needs to accept the terms and conditions and press Submit.
- After loading , choose Dev Channel.
- Click on confirm .
- Click on Restart Now.
- Restart your computer.
- After Restarting , users will find he has been added to the Windows Insider Account.
- Click on the Windows Update option available at the left taskbar.
- Click on check – for updates.
- Users will find Windows 11 Insider Program notification with a downloading status.
- After downloading is 100% complete , restart your computer.
Installation is now complete, now the user can enjoy novel apps available in the store with elegant display and many more features.