At a time when the majority of chipmakers have started focusing on 5G chipsets , the launch of a 4G chip in this span seems a welcome move for budget handsets that might want to launch a 5G handset for a bit longer.
Both SoC’s offer support for MediaTek’s HyperEngine 2.0 generation technology.
They are said to intelligently manage CPU , GPU , and memory so as to enable a smooth gaming experience.
It is also equipped with intelligent prediction of Wi-Fi and 4G connection.
Enumerated below are some of the characteristic features of the novel chips
Features of MediaTek Helio G96 SoC
- The chip offers support for 120Hz displays with upto Full HD+ resolution.
- Can be integrated with 108MP cameras and supports 4G LTE complete with dual 4G SIM Cards.
- The display lacks any sort of limitation when it comes to DDIC supply , C- Phy or D-Phy interface with SoC coming with support for LCD and AMOLED displays.
- Sports 2 ARM Cortex – A76 CPUs that can operate at upto 2.05GHz.
- There is also LPDDR4X memory and UFS 2.2 storage.
- It supports 108 MP cameras to offer the most detailed images and fast cat-13 4G LTE worldMode modem Integration , Dual 4G SIM and VoLTE and ViLTE services.
Features of MediaTek Helio G88 SoC
- MediaTek Helio G88 SoC comes with support for 90Hz refresh rate display.
- 64 MP camera & 4G VoLTE.
- Octa – Core CPU sporting two ARM Cortex – A75 CPUs that can operate at upto 2.0GHz.
- It offers support for 64MP main cameras, Camera Control Unit , Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) , and Rolling Shutter Compensation Technologies(RSC).
- Offers integrated voice wakeup for voice assistants.